Today, in the contemporary world, because of busy schedules and poor eating habits, many are falling prey to infertility issues. This can be stressful as many people don’t even get to know that they have infertility until they try to conceive.
There are several reasons that contribute to infertility in women. The signs and symptoms can vary from women to women. And if you experience any, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
The following are the common symptoms of infertility that you should not ignore.
- Painful sex – Pain during sex should not be overlooked as it can be a sign of an underlying health problem. It may have a negative impact on the fertility of women. Certain health issues that can be related to painful sex are fibroids and endometriosis.
- Irregular periods –The length of the menstrual cycle can vary from women to women and may change over time. However, many ladies have regular periods which mean that the time between each cycle is roughly the same.
Irregular periods including missing cycles, can lead to infertility. It may also mean that woman is not ovulating regularly. Ovulation is important as it is the time when the ovary releases an egg. The issues that can cause irregular ovulation are thyroid, being overweight or underweight, and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
- Painful and heavy periods – Where some women experience light flow for a few days, there are some who experience painful cramps and heavy periods. Women who get painful and heavy periods may be showing signs of endometriosis. It is a condition in which tissues that are generally found in the womb are present somewhere else in the body. This is the risk factor of infertility.
Additional symptoms of endometriosis are given below:
- Pelvic pain (not only during periods)
- Back pain
- Spotting and irregular periods
- Bowel problems
- Painful sex
- Dark menstrual period –If the color of the menstrual blood is paler than usual, then it may be a cause of concern. Generally, menstrual blood is bright red in the starting and get darker over the following days. If you get dark or old blood at the beginning, then it may be a sign of endometriosis. In such a situation, consider talking to your gynaecologist.
- Hormonal changes – Hormone fluctuations in women can be the reason infertility.
Changes in hormone level can cause:
- Facial hair
- Weight gain
- Cold feet and hands
- Nipple discharge
- Thinning hair
- Obesity – Obesity has a negative impact on the reproductive health of a woman. Obese women have a lower probability of conceiving and are at higher risk of serious issues during pregnancy.
If you experience any of the above signs, need not worry. Today, because of advancement in medical science, your infertility problem can be solved. Because of custom medication, your particular health issue can be dealt with efficiently. Your gynaecologist in coordination with pharmacy compounder can provide you with personalised medicine prescription to help you with your infertility.