Everywhere there is a chaos regarding the environment. The entire humanity knows well the consequences of our unhealthy activities for the environment if carried out then there will be no Earth to live on, no homo sapiens to exist as today. There used to be a lot of debates, meetings, discussions either at schools or different government bodies. Also international conferences on Earth like Rio Summit etc by different organizations and forming policies for the sake of the environment. The government is doing their responsible work. Now the question is- Are we really doing something to protect our resources, environment and ultimately our Earth. By changing some of our habits we can really help a lot and become the savior of our planet like any other super heroes. Remember the super power is inside us only.
Environmental conditions on Earth are not very impressive and becoming disastrous with carbon dioxide emission on perpetual rise, increasing global water crisis, utter exploitation of fossil fuels and changing climatic conditions across the globe are indicating high chances of climatic chaos. Planting trees, protecting trees, nurturing trees and having more and more trees, is the only measure available (amongst others) to save our planet. If technology is majorly responsible for the fast depletion of our natural resources then technology can be used as the savior too. We can start this by altering the way we read.
eBOOK reader is the new age alternative for the printed books. The printed words will soon face strong competition from the digitalized version of the text. The eBook reader does not degrade over time unlike its paper based text. Ruthless cutting of trees to meet paper industry demands can be curtailed by this digitalized reader, giving you easy annotation facility in the margins of the text with the help of multi color pen, provided with the reader.
The eBook reader comes with multiple features like listening to the audio books, storing dozens of eBooks in its storage card , quick search of phrases , words or quotes and its super portable size does not eat up your space. Its high resolution back lighted screen makes it apt for reading in any kind of light situations. eBook reader makes reading an enriching experience by providing easy access to thesaurus.
The advantages of eBook reading over printed materials are many. Some of them even help in saving the environment.
1. Ebooks are delivered almost instantaneously. You can purchase, download and start reading them within minutes, without leaving your chair. You don’t have to go to a bookstore to buy them, neither wait for them for days, weeks and sometimes more to arrive in the mail.
2. No trees are required to manufacture paper for the pages of ebooks. Thus, by reading ebook we actually save the trees too.
3. Ebooks take up less space. You practically don’t need any space to store them. You don’t need a library or a room for them. You can store hundreds and thousands of ebooks on your computer or reading device.
4. Ebooks are portable. You can carry a whole library of hundreds of books with you, on CD, in a laptop, notebook or any ebook reader, without worrying about their weight.
5. Ebooks are more safely stored and carried from one place to another, than ordinary books. They also withstand time more than books.
6. Ebooks can show links, for easy access to more information and related websites.
7. Ebooks are searchable. You can easily search for any information in an ebook, instead of turning page after page.
8. Ebooks can be interactive and contain audio, video and animations, which can enhance the message that the author is trying to convey.
9. Since ebooks are delivered through the Internet, there are no packing and shipping expenses.
10. Ebooks can be printable, so that if you wish to read an ebook in the traditional way, you can very inexpensively print it with your home printer or at any printing shop.
11. Fonts in ebooks can be resized, making it easier to read as per people comfort. With an additional software it is possible to turn some of the ebooks into audio books.
12. It is very simple and easy to purchase and download an ebook. People living in big modernized cities, in a remote village in a far away country or on a small island, can equally access an ebook. It takes them the same amount of time to purchase and download an ebook, provided they have an Internet connection. They are accessible easily to all.
Even today some people feel that printed reading is more comfortable than digital reading. But there are so many advantages of ebook which make them a perfect choice. They are eco- friendly. They prevent generation of wastes. They minimize cutting of trees and also reduces energy consumption which will be used during paper production. If ebook reading can be a savior for trees then we should get over our comfort levels and adopt this healthy habit. Hopefully you will act as the intelligent buyer and choose eBook reader over books and will help save our environment. Enjoy eBook reading!!!!